Specialties Unlimited - Local Pick-up/Deliveries - Shipping avail. for select items
Like with every other food, excess consumption of barley can cause a few side effects, which may include:
• Intestinal Gas: Since it contains soluble fiber, excess consumption of barley water can cause flatus or intestinal gas.
• Constipation: While it helps relieve from constipation when taken in limited serving, on the other hand too much of barley may develop chronic constipation.
• Surgical Complications: Since it causes a sudden drop in blood sugar levels, it is recommended not to consume it at least 2 weeks before undergoing a surgery to keep the complications at bay.
• Hypoglycemia: Excess intake of barley can reduce the blood sugar levels to a great extent, which may develop hypoglycemia.
• Others: A few most common side effects of excessive intake of barley include – Upset stomach, rectal bleeding, fungal contamination, bakers’ asthma, blocked/ruptured esophagus, and celiac disease.
So, it may be advisable not to drink more than 3 glasses of barley water per day until you know how your body reacts, to keep yourself away from the possible side effects & reap the benefits of barley such as weight loss, reduced blood pressure, diabetes and many more…
Copyright © 2019 Specialties Unlimited - All Rights Reserved.
Legal Disclaimer -
Statements on this website regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.
All hand-sculpted platforms and risers are custom made, with no two pieces being alike and the piece you get may vary slightly from the picture. The overall shape will be similar, but the sculpting details may vary slightly.